The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Glastonbury resident antiquarians and festival,.
301 messages
Select a forum:
woosh wrote:
Hi, its difficult to take this crazy world seriously that much is for certain.. on anglesey we only have historical evidence ( in roman writings ) of druids existence on the island , with no archeological evidence as such, only the oak groves associated with them.
While I most certainly do understand the importance of archeological evidence there are things it can and never will tell us about,. I merely used a turn of phrase in my previous comment to make my point.
Look at the incredible glastonbury peninsula landscape and the fact that there was an important 200 bc iron age settlement and others nearby in all directions.
If glastonbury with its sacred springs wasn't an important religious site to the druids and every other ancient briton before them well im at a loss where was !.

All of which ignores the point I made... that we have no way of knowing what the druids did or didn't believe.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Mustard
30th July 2013ce
21:05

Messages in this topic: