The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Trethevy Quoit Forum Start a topic | Search
Trethevy Quoit
Re: Trethevy Quoit...Cornwall's Megalithic Masterpiece
391 messages
Select a forum:
bladup wrote:
Bloody hell Roy, i've just got your book [thanks], and WOW, and that's just after seeing your model, it looks really great and certainly how i think it should look, i'll read it later, but your models done it for me, Bloody brilliant work Mr.

Thank you Paul. I tried to say that I wouldn't disappoint but I've had to stand abuse, personal attacks and constant disagreements with others over how things always were without prepared to accept alternatives. I answered all the questions as best I could but nothing was ever enough. Now the book is out it will get even worse.
However, the personal attacks have done it for me and am now leaving the forum. I am really disappointed in the Eds that did nothing to reprimand the abuser who flagrantly flouted the rules about making personal attacks on fellow members and made me look like a complete novice at this game with nothing of value to contribute.
I leave with one further thing to say and it answers a question I didn't reply to because it was so blindingly obvious. How do you research properly?
You do it by firstly not believing what you are always told by your peers if something doesn't appear to be right. One 'expert' after another copies each others work because they are lazy and don't even attempt to see it differently yet become icons in the archaeological world and much respected. Open your eyes, look for alternatives and don't be afraid to break the mould. We amateurs only have our eyes, brains and downright common sense compared to what the professional has at their disposal. Use them!
Bye all. Roy

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
3rd April 2013ce
12:45

Messages in this topic: