The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Trethevy Quoit Forum Start a topic | Search
Trethevy Quoit
Re: Similarities elsewhere?
391 messages
Select a forum:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
And, just to make the point clear, i'm aware I am taking a rather dismissive view on this thread, and others have shown a great deal more patience, but i'm afraid this particular type of arrogance irritates me to the point where I can only respond with the rudeness, or perhaps the intellectual disrespect, which is being shown by the original poster in the first instance.

I am being presented with a self published book, advertised by the author on a public forum, the author stating with seemingly unending self-assurance that others have not researched the quoit 'correctly', among other things, and that his unreviewed, personal thoughts are something everybody should be taking notice of. Add to that a history from the author of dismissive posts regarding the 'professional' archaeologist and replies of the type 'Why should I tell you, read the book' when asked too difficult a question and we end up with something so utterly self-interested and vulgar it makes my hair stand on end and is an insult to all genuinely enquiring minds.

I find it astounding.

I think you're taking this way too far. And forgive me if i'm interpreting this wrong but what i see shining through is an personal hatred towards Roy and anything he says rather than genuine inquisitiveness.

Reply | with quote
harestonesdown
Posted by harestonesdown
2nd April 2013ce
18:08

In reply to:

Re: Similarities elsewhere? (Evergreen Dazed)

Messages in this topic: