The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Trethevy Quoit Forum Start a topic | Search
Trethevy Quoit
Re: Trethevy Quoit...Cornwall's Megalithic Masterpiece
391 messages
Select a forum:
moss wrote:
Congratulations Roy, not only for producing the book but for going out to explore your part of the world so diligently. King Arthur's Hall next maybe?

Thank you Moss.

Well I'm halfway through a dog breeding book at the moment which I have been asked to write as part of an ongoing series, but yes, KAH is next in line, but in conjuction with our stone circles which are part and parcel of the story down here in Cornwall I feel. Quite excited about that one as the Hall is something really special IMO and has been very seriously overlooked.
Actually I may as well say now that after I had a pop at EH for not upkeeping many of the monuments down here including the Hall, I have been invited to join in with some clearance and investigative work overseen by an archaeo later in April. The stone faces are to be cleared where buried and the growth removed between them. It should look pretty good when completed but I don't think any stones will be raised at this stage. I'm already planning to apply pressure on the archaeo (snigger) to push EH to date the place and to carry out much more research here which is sadly lacking. It is a fascinating place that sends tingles up my spine everytime I enter it.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
29th March 2013ce
16:48

Messages in this topic: