The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Just messing.
433 messages
Select a forum:
bladup wrote:
the worlds problems started with metal didn't it? what with all the new shiny and very sharp weapons

I could knap you a flint axe that would give a bronze one a run for it's money. ( you haven't seen my arrowheads ;) ) I could retouch the edge quicker than you could rework a bronze one too, so in real terms both are pretty equal, bar the flint one being way cheaper and the material available to just about anyone. ;) They certainly used flint axes to start clearing the land. Then came erosion, land over farmed and raped of nutrients, boundaries and ownership of land etc. War, politics, coveting and jealousy, competition for wealth. I don't see it at all idyllic as some do. Or are you suggesting there was a wide ranging welfare system in the Neolithic/ bronze age ? (i'm aware there is some evidence of that btw, 1 skeleton afaik, though i can't remember from which site)

Reply | with quote
harestonesdown
Posted by harestonesdown
10th March 2013ce
00:09

In reply to:

Re: Just messing. (bladup)

1 reply:

Re: Just messing. (bladup)

Messages in this topic: