The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Trethevy Quoit in danger
433 messages
Select a forum:
nigelswift wrote:
OK, I get the message!

But going back to the stability issue, if you're concerned that the EH engineer needs to reconsider maybe your best bet is to get a friendly structural engineer to contact him?

I wasn't being intentionally awkward Nigel but I'd like to keep some things back for obvious reasons. As it is I'm making it sound like a book sell but the fact is it's come at the time the quoit has come under threat and it was important to mention it as this situation goes on all over the shop!
Re the engineer, yes a good idea, but I don't have or know any friendly ones. It was pointed out to me that EH engineers are highly skilled, far more than your bog standard engineer because they are used to seeing really dodgy archaeoligical structures that seem to defy all logic and almost won't fall so they tend not to overeact.

So there! :-)

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
2nd March 2013ce
22:52

In reply to:

Re: Trethevy Quoit in danger (nigelswift)

1 reply:

Re: Trethevy Quoit in danger (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: