The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: Alexander Keiller's Avebury/The Sanctuary
761 messages
Select a forum:
tiompan wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Littlestone wrote:
tiompan wrote:
The use of terms like negativity or narrow mindedness in relation to an opposing view is not helpful .

I’m afraid I disagree; those terms are not only helpful but necessary when people persistently, and doggedly, fail to see the merits of an opposing point of view :-)

In which case you could equally say that they are being positively obstructionist or so open minded their brains have fell out , both of which are as unhelpful as negative etc but less Machiavellian .

As I added to the above , it cuts both ways and it was the Machiavellian use that was telling , particularly on this thread where I don't believe anyone is being positively obstructionist or more to the point failing to see the merits of the opposing view .

I may have missed it George, especially with the barrage of posts I still have highlighted, but did you have a view on the merits or otherwise of re-erecting the stones?

I haven't expressed one .

Okay fair enough.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
25th January 2013ce
10:40

Messages in this topic: