The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: Alexander Keiller's Avebury
761 messages
Select a forum:
Here we are Nigel, "the thinking is well established worldwide". Indeed. By lots of people. Wot know about archaeological methods. And have discussed it at length. Which is why me and thee would point the conclusions of their discussions out to other people having the discussion here. And personally I agree with that thinking as you can tell. And I don't think anyone's going to be allowed to do a Keiller and give a neo-neolithic makeover to avebury any time soon. or maybe even ever. Even if it'd lbe like brilliant and that or whatever.

Do you know what I think's vastly more likely, and that's the chance to wander round some futuristic virtual reality Avebury, like the one of our imaginations, but with added 3d goggles and the breeze in your face on top of the banks - now that is surely eminently possible in the next 10 years. In fact, maybe you could even wander round the real avebury, but with some weird overlay on your eyes so you didn't trip over but you could see both things at once.

Reply | with quote
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
22nd January 2013ce
16:32

In reply to:

Re: Alexander Keiller's Avebury (nigelswift)

1 reply:

Re: Alexander Keiller's Avebury (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: