The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Wiltshire Forum Start a topic | Search
Wiltshire
Re: Pete Glastonbury - Ancient Wiltshire Exhibition
15 messages
Select a forum:
tjj wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
WTF ? He's not part of the continuum. !
Heresy i tell you, no good will come of this. ;).

I wasn't invited to a private viewing and haven't had any contact with Pete Glastonbury for some time. By accident however, I was probably one of the first people to see the exhibition.

I would say categorically if you love the archaeology of Wiltshire this is an excellent and artistic collection. Some of the photos I've seen before online so it was really good to see them collected together in frames (around 45 in number) with others yet to be displayed. There are solar and astronomical alignments I have never seen before. In these days of digital photography it is true that anyone can take a photograph but not everyone is willing to go out at night, or just before dawn, to capture images such as these.

This exhibition is good for the Wiltshire Heritage Museum, go and see it when you can.

I agree that everybody can take a photo in this digital age But I don't think everybody is equal in their abilities to do so. Owning a state of the art camera will not ensure fantastic pictures anymore than owning a basic camera will result in poor results.

Artistic ability and technical know how will almost always produce better results than technology, cash and luck.

I think that shows in some of the fantastic photographs that can be found contributed by some the members here.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Harryshill
30th October 2012ce
08:44

Messages in this topic: