The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: EKLB and Waden Mound
380 messages
Select a forum:
Littlestone wrote:
Think East Kennet Long Barrow and Waden Mound are also on private land (and presumably shouldn’t be accessed without permission). tsk... so come on, fes up, how many of us have been there (for the 'right' reasons of course :-) and done that.

Fwiw , I've spent my life trespassing , it was often the only way prior to right to roam to access many hills . The smaller private estates with no right to roam access are and were great places for wild life simply because are few punters .However I don't see that as being the same as wandering through someone's back garden , trampling on crops , interfering with individuals and small communities livelihood ,even though you may find it distasteful in the case of shooting estates etc . or causing potential damage to a building or site .

Reply | with quote
tiompan
Posted by tiompan
6th September 2012ce
18:53

In reply to:

EKLB and Waden Mound (Littlestone)

Messages in this topic: