The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: feelings vs facts
380 messages
Select a forum:
Rhiannon wrote:

So maybe TSC meant any discussions about where to park, how old a longbarrow is, what your favourite hillfort might be, they're all kind of secondary, because that's probably not what brought you to the subject right in the first place.

*Just a little quote* :)

In reference to what bought me to the subject in the first place.. The idea. The mere thought of these mysterious people.. the devotion involved in moving huge stones.. The landscapes..The more I read back then the more it deepened for me. I felt I somehow knew about it.. That I was remembering something.. Just on the tip of my tongue but still so elusive. Learning about this subject is like becoming.. enchanted. If that's not too ridiculous.
No - its not. It's true. It makes me feel enchanted and full of a feeling I can barely describe.
There's something magical.
Something special indeed, to quote Kate. ;)

Reply | with quote
Evergreen Dazed
Posted by Evergreen Dazed
4th September 2012ce
19:49

In reply to:

Re: feelings vs facts (Rhiannon)

Messages in this topic: