The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Short-sighted?
23 messages
Select a forum:
Sanctuary wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:

Try to include a visit to Boleigh fogou. You won't regret it.

All arranged EV, thanks for the heads-up.
I contacted Laura and Rob of Boleigh House/Rosemerryn Wood who's grounds the fogou are in and they have been kind enough to welcome me either next tues or wed, whichever day suits me best. Yay! Works out well as I intend to take in the Merry Maidens and the nearby Tregiffian burial chamber and other bits in the same area on the same day.

Don't forget The Pipers. I did a little TMA blog entry entitled "Walking to The Merry Maidens (or how not to do it)" ... a reflection of the first day of my trip to Cornwall with a good friend. We couldn't map read (didn't have a map), were using public transport and spent a lot of time getting lost. It was April, the week of the volcanic ash - the skies were blue (no air traffic) and the sun was warm. Walking to Boscawen-un from St Buryan was memorable indeed.

PS: I did buy the small but lovely publications "Antiquities of West Cornwall - and how to get there without a car" by Ian McNeil Cooke before going which were very helpful.

I wish you a great time Roy, look forward to reading all about it when you return.

all the best
j

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
27th August 2012ce
12:20

In reply to:

Re: Short-sighted? (Sanctuary)

1 reply:

Re: Short-sighted? (Sanctuary)

Messages in this topic: