The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Short-sighted?
23 messages
Select a forum:
Sanctuary wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
Roy, if you are planning on Zennor Quoit, the easiest route is from the road to the north, along the disused driveway to The Carn. If you can find the driveway's road end, you can't go wrong. And you can visit Sperris Quoit too that way. A more interesting approach is from Towednack, up the pathless side of Beagletodn Downs and via the cairn on Trendrine Hill. Might be a bit overgrown at this time of year. Alternatively, you can walk up via Zennor Hill (steep) or come from the south over the downs. First time we went there was in thick mist, keep looking you'll find it eventually!

Thanks for all the advice guys. I've been looking up the sites in various fieldnotes where you get a totally different perspective to what you've been imagining so it's becoming even more exciting. Regarding the terrain, I've been offered the use of a (hush my mouth) 4x4 so would the advice be to accept for certain sites?

That's the thing here everything is so accessible by/from the road ,in that respect it's almost the opposite of bodmin moor where to get to a lot of the places takes a little more effort, i walk all round the place [ i don't drive] but i think most people think the walks from the roads are just the right distance [not to far , not to close], apart from merry maidens [with tregiffian chambered cairn] and lanyon quoit which are right next to the road.

Reply | with quote
bladup
Posted by bladup
18th August 2012ce
22:03

In reply to:

Re: Short-sighted? (Sanctuary)

1 reply:

Re: Short-sighted? (thesweetcheat)

Messages in this topic: