The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Short-sighted?
23 messages
Select a forum:
You will soon realise how lucky you are to be so close, as there's that much good stuff, a lot of people [ i was one of them ] come from a long way so try to pack in as much as they can, you been so close means you can relax and give the places the time they deserve, knowing it's always there for next time, i myself love the 4 main circles [ boskednan + it's north and south ringcairns-and inc men an tol on same walk, tregaseal, merry maidens and last but not least boscawen un ] and the 4 main quoits [ lanyon, chun, mulfa and zennor ] and if you're going to chysauster you'll have to try carn euny as well, i live down here and i'm excited for you, i think because of your soft spot for trethevy you would like zennor a lot as well, the only problem is zennors the hardest to get to, it's not to bad though, but saying that a lot of people don't even find it as it's not where people think it is [it's quite hard for people to see where the map is saying it is], and from the outcrops it's still quite far away and is hard to see until you know what you're looking at, happy hunting!!!! I think the religious thing probably comes from the feelings people sometimes get at the sites, eg they don't understand what they are or what they're feeling so put it down to some bollocks to do with MODERN religion, i think the axe carvings [ in relief ] on the centre stone at boscawen un might explain something about the sites and there belief system [ if there was one],or maybe they were places on an axe trading network, i got into all this from an out of body experience though. Remember beakers from balfarg henge in scotland had hallucinogens in when tested, so a belief system around mushrooms and the like is maybe quite plausible as well though.

Reply | with quote
bladup
Posted by bladup
18th August 2012ce
15:59

In reply to:

Re: Short-sighted? (Evergreen Dazed)

2 replies:

Re: Short-sighted? (Sanctuary)
Re: Short-sighted? (thesweetcheat)

Messages in this topic: