The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Short-sighted?
23 messages
Select a forum:
Sanctuary wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
I'm just putting my final plans together for my first trip to Penwith at the beginning of September. I have a list as long as my arm of sites to visit and have all the information sheets printed out. It was once I'd completed this task and set about putting them in order that it struck me that in the description of every single site they come up with the 'Ceremonial, Ritual or Religious' use angle. It never fails does it and almost precludes you from daring to have alternative views and I think short-sighted. Thoughts?

Not visiting any cliff forts or IA settlements then Roy?

Have a good time, you'll want to go back for more, I reckon.

No just sticking to where my interest lies TSC in stone circles, dolmens etc but will have a peep at Chysauster as I'm camping just a stones throw from it.

Don't know if you've been before, but try and include a visit to Boleigh fogou. You won't regret it.

I'm almost sure to but had Halliggye on my list as it happens

http://www.historic-cornwall.o[...]e/fogou/halligye/halliggye.htm

Great stuff, that's a fantastic site too but Boleigh, for me, is truly magical.
Hope you have a good time.

Reply | with quote
Evergreen Dazed
Posted by Evergreen Dazed
18th August 2012ce
13:10

In reply to:

Re: Short-sighted? (Sanctuary)

1 reply:

Re: Short-sighted? (bladup)

Messages in this topic: