Howburn Digger wrote:
But then again these Greek guys could cast bronze to within an inch of its life and invented mathematics and astronomy. It would have been a great surprise if they hadn't devised such things.
Surely that honour belongs to the Sumerians
Exactly. The Greeks did not invent these, they go back much further, and the Sumerian's are the earliest known/accepted theory civilisation. As for alternate theories as for even older roots, I think there's a lot of futher possibilities yet in this regard.
These, as with any undertaking, require a lot of pooling of resources and talents....just because one man(,,,or woman..to keep the accusations of sexism off my back ;0P ) can accurately map(say) the heavens, it doesn't follow that he can design a "machine" to do so....and a person who can design such a machine might not be able to build it...and a person who builds it might not understand it (or want to, I daresay throughout history there have been the equivalent of Luddites).etc etc...so several minds and talents would have to work together.
Cave art is quite fascinating in the wonderful portrayal of animals...yet the hunters are drawn with a child-like crudity..even with the limited resources available, a reasonably realistic face/body should have been within someone's capabilities....just an idea..perhaps actual portraits were deemed more worthy than "daubings" on a wall and kept with the tribe as something precious, the artist may have had an elevated position in society which precluded them from hunting/gathering...perhaps (again) the portraits were on a material of a perishable nature and haven't survived the ravages of time.
Reply | with quote
|Posted by Resonox|
6th June 2012ce
Fort and Daniken (Sanctuary, May 30, 2012, 10:24)
- Re: Fort and Daniken (goffik, May 30, 2012, 11:12)
- Re: Fort and Daniken (Rhiannon, May 30, 2012, 11:54)
- Re: Fort and Daniken (Littlestone, May 30, 2012, 13:43)
- Re: Fort and Daniken (John Rice, May 30, 2012, 21:39)
- Re: Fort and Daniken (Sanctuary, May 31, 2012, 08:15)
- Re: Fort and Daniken (Astralcat, May 31, 2012, 08:34)
- Re: Fort and Daniken (Howburn Digger, May 31, 2012, 19:23)
- Ray Bradbury (Littlestone, Jun 06, 2012, 18:22)
- Birds that soften stone (Littlestone, Jun 07, 2012, 14:28)
- Re: Fort and Daniken (faerygirl, Jun 08, 2012, 22:57)