Re Henry VIII, I suppose it did dictate your school history Sanctuary, being within living memory made it easier to get across! :)
May I say, on behalf of Sanctuary and others, Sod off!
I clearly remember sitting at a trestle table at a Coronation party (QEII that is), as do others here no doubt. We had jelly.
I was in infant school when queenie came to Jersey. We were sat in class one minute then hauled outside the next, given a little flag on a stick, told to stand on the edge of the lawn outside of the school and wave like mad when the head teacher blew a whistle as a black car went by. None of us had a clue what had just happened but my mum told me in later years the local rag had said what a joyful welcome the kids at Grouville school had given to the new queen. Yeh right! We didn't have jelly just went back to class baffled at what big people make you do!
Reply | with quote
|Posted by Sanctuary|
29th May 2012ce
We want information! (VBB, May 28, 2012, 10:00)
- Re: We Want information! (moss, May 28, 2012, 14:01)
- Re: We want information! (Littlestone, May 28, 2012, 17:00)
- Re: We want information! (tjj, May 29, 2012, 09:51)
- Re: We want information! (Sanctuary, May 29, 2012, 16:33)
- Re: We want information! (juamei, May 29, 2012, 17:22)
- Re: We want information! (The Eternal, Jun 02, 2012, 23:27)