An even better solution to coralling, although maybe not herding, is a henge. Lots of animals don't like crossing a ditch, especially if it's a moat. Hmmm, right?
Right. It all comes down, doesn’t it, to how much energy you have to expend to achieve whatever it is you want to achieve. If digging a (circular) ditch is easier than dragging stones around, hauling ‘em up and then filling the spaces between with something then that’s what you’d go for.
At the risk of sounding sacrilegious I’m just vary wary of assigning a sacred significance to every stone circle when some/many/most? were purely for utilitarian purposes.
Reply | with quote
|Posted by Littlestone|
19th May 2012ce
Sense of Place (moss, Apr 01, 2012, 09:57)
- Re: Sense of Place (tjj, Apr 01, 2012, 19:09)
- Re: Sense of Place (GLADMAN, Apr 01, 2012, 20:00)
- Re: Sense of Place (tjj, Apr 02, 2012, 22:30)
- Re: Sense of Place (ryaner, Apr 20, 2012, 21:48)
- Re: Sense of Place (BuckyE, Apr 21, 2012, 03:39)
- Re: Sense of Place (The Eternal, May 05, 2012, 22:55)
- Re: Sense of Place (Littlestone, May 06, 2012, 10:52)
- Re: Sense of Place/Wildness (Sanctuary, May 07, 2012, 14:15)
- Re: Sense of Place (tjj, May 21, 2012, 12:57)