The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Hares
29 messages
Select a forum:
hedgedruid wrote:
anyone spotted any mad march hares yet ? Been out looking but not been lucky yet .

See quite a few over the last week.
Two hares in a field between Lugar and Cumnock (East Ayrshire). They were in the same field as the first spring lambs we'd seen (this was last Saturday). There were daffodils in bloom too. All very nice.
Two hares (in different fields from one another) just outside Newbiggin (South Lanarkshire) yesterday.
One hare on lower field Ewe Hill (Bizzyberry Hill, South Lanarkshire) today.

One sometimes visits my garden and lays in the shelter along the drills of tatties or strawberry plants. It has done so (or at least one has, I don't know if it is the same one) for the last eight years, particularly after the Barley is cut in August/ September. I remember taking my son (now 10) out as a wee three year old to see it, we got right up to within touching distance and it didn't flinch. It wasn't injured and seemed quite relaxed padding around the garden while I'd hang up the washing. They are lovely creatures and surprisingly big...

Reply | with quote
Howburn Digger
Posted by Howburn Digger
7th March 2012ce
18:14

In reply to:

Hares (hedgedruid)

Messages in this topic: