The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Time Team 2012 - "cliche-ridden pap"
90 messages
Select a forum:
moss wrote:
That is the truth of it of course, the older presenters have to make way for the young. It has always been so. We are living in a very different age, I love Bagpuss and Ivor the Engine too but I'm not sure my grandchildren would ;).

Oh I disagree... I think age is immaterial. In my opinion the choice should always always be 'who is the most qualified for the job?' This may not necessarily be the most knowledgeable, but the person who can best 'get it across' to the subject audience. Which is surely the whole point? Young or old, who cares, as long as they are good? Some of the younger presenters I've seen appear not yet to have graduated away from talking to children. Presenting is an art and I would suggest they refrain from more adult productions until they have.

Reply | with quote
GLADMAN
Posted by GLADMAN
14th February 2012ce
21:18

Messages in this topic: