The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Time Team 2012 - "cliche-ridden pap"
90 messages
Select a forum:
David Attenborough, started presenting TV documentaries in his late 20s. Patrick Moore was 34 when the first episode of 'The Sky at Night' was broadcast. Jeremy Paxman was 39 when he got the Newsnight gig. There's loads more.
Every starts young. Unless, in order to present intellegent programming, we should some sort of minimum age of 56 in place, one has to accept that presenters, like policemen, soldiers and politicians, keep 'getting younger'.
I wish my (hypothetical) children could grow up watching Ivor the Engine and Bagpuss. That's achievable with the use of DVDs. So if young presenters are so offensive may I advise the documentary section on Amazon.
My apologies if this sounds abrasive but this constant belittling of 'young' presenters and idea that older presenters are being discriminated against because of their age bugs me. It's nothing new, and it's no different to any other industry, the young must filter through.

Reply | with quote
Spaceship mark
Posted by Spaceship mark
14th February 2012ce
09:45

Messages in this topic: