The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Time Team 2012 - "cliche-ridden pap"
90 messages
Select a forum:
No.......SORRY, but the most important issue in this story is not Mick's departure (I love the man)........it's the continual invasion of science, nature and archaeology on TV by young professional Talking Heads. Whether it's Bonnin, Humble, Ochota or the equivalent males, I'm sick of programme producers ploughing this furrow.........remorselessly, as if it's the ONLY way to attract viewers. Some of the presenters appear to know their subject better than others, but why pursue the content as if it's for a primary school audience?
Now, Neil Oliver often annoyed me on "Coast" (and the programme, too!) but his more recent solo series have been excellent, even if I don't always agree with his conclusions or enjoy the over-indulgent presentation, he's got CREDIBILTY

Reply | with quote
Posted by tomatoman
13th February 2012ce
18:33

Messages in this topic: