The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Time Team 2012 - "cliche-ridden pap"
90 messages
Select a forum:
The Eternal wrote:
This, to me, is where the Time Team triumphed. Look at how many excellent programmes have been spawned from the back of this. Archaeology was, in my experience, always perceived as being incredibly dull and the domain of oddballs! No disrespect to anyone here - I mean me as well! :D

Yeah, I've got to say that, in my opinion, Time Team has been a very welcome addition to mainstream TV over the past couple of decades. Sure, they needed to rope in dopey 'Baldrick' as the gimmick at the start - and to my mind there has arguably been a bias towards the Roman period - but I think there's no doubt it opened the subject to a much wider audience.

Much has been made of the new lady's sex appeal.... but, hey, what a great role model for modern women.... 'I'm intelligent, qualified.... and I like to spend my days, trowel in hand (as opposed to male appendages) shedding light upon our past because that's what interests me... oh, and by the way I'm attractive, too, so you should be so lucky.' I would. Needless to say, I won't

Reply | with quote
GLADMAN
Posted by GLADMAN
10th February 2012ce
21:28

Messages in this topic: