The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Time Team 2012 - "cliche-ridden pap"
90 messages
Select a forum:
moss wrote:
Well looking through the news this morning, noticed that Mick Aston is leaving TT because they are bringing in younger presenters. Actually I like Alex Langland, he was in the Victorian Farm reconstruction series. Anyway Mick Aston is angry about it as you can see.....

"The time had come to leave. I never made any money out of it, but a lot of my soul went into it. I feel really, really angry about it.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new[...]former-model-co-presenter.html

That's a real shame as I liked Mick. I don't like making comparisons, especially about an unrelated programme, but in my other life I train and work sheepdogs and One Man & His Dog was the Time Team equivelent. Both were/are hugely popular but once the original presenters of OM&HS left the scene it was never the same again with 'celebrities' who knew sod all about dogs or the countryside fronting it until recently when Matt Baker took the helm. At least he farms and has run in a trial or two so knows a bit. Mick will be missed and I hope they all have a change of heart.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
8th February 2012ce
15:54

Messages in this topic: