The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Time Team 2012 - "cliche-ridden pap"
90 messages
Select a forum:
moss wrote:
Well looking through the news this morning, noticed that Mick Aston is leaving TT because they are bringing in younger presenters. Actually I like Alex Langland, he was in the Victorian Farm reconstruction series. Anyway Mick Aston is angry about it as you can see.....

"The time had come to leave. I never made any money out of it, but a lot of my soul went into it. I feel really, really angry about it.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new[...]former-model-co-presenter.html

Hmm! Sounds like Mick Aston feels a bit threatened .. it comes to us all eventually as we grow older - sometimes it is a case of stepping aside for younger people to have their chance. I note a lot has been made of new female presenter being a former model, though obviously a lot more than 'just a pretty face'
Miss Ochota, 30, holds a master’s degree in archaeology and anthropology from Cambridge University and has previously done modelling work, including shoots for Special K.

All the young female presenters that have joined programmes like Countryfile and Countrytracks are articulate, adept and yes, attractive .. I hate them too.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
8th February 2012ce
11:14

Messages in this topic: