The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Climbing on Standing Stones
353 messages
Select a forum:
(It's alright Tony, I wouldn't take it too personally especially as this is the first forum topic it would seem you've contributed to eh.)

But for me, if I was hypothetically standing on a stone at Avebury, if someone tackled me about it, the very thing that would make me get down would be shame. Either I'd feel ashamed and apologise and get down. Or I'd get stroppy with the face-to-face person and tell them to mind their own business and eff off. I can't see such a scenario triggering some kind of polite debate with most people? By the time someone comes up to you / you decide to go up to someone, then conversation seems a bit unlikely?

But if there are obvious notices up saying 'do not climb on the stones' then maybe I wouldn't have clambered up there in the first place.

Reply | with quote
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
29th February 2012ce
20:44

In reply to:

Re: Climbing on Standing Stones (tonyh27)

Messages in this topic: