The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Climbing on Standing Stones
353 messages
Select a forum:
Its all very confusing...it seems it is OK to complain about people climbing on stones if they are carrying beer cans but not if they are carrying a camera....It is OK to pee on stones if you are highlighting rock art but not if you are just peeing...it is OK to climb on stones to discover/verify markings but not to climb on them for climbing's sake...I't is OK to climb on stones if you respect them but disrespect other people's feelings because you are "unconventrional" but not vice versa....etc etc...I'll stick with my own non-climbing stance. which should offend no-one...and still I'll berate anyone I see climbing on them....to paraphrase a well known saying...For this practice to thrive it only takes one good person to say nothing. So come on...be good people stand up for your heart's feelings.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Resonox
24th February 2012ce
08:09

Messages in this topic: