The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   North Yorkshire Forum Start a topic | Search
North Yorkshire
Re: Park's Ancient monuments are in danger.....
14 messages
Select a forum:
moss wrote:
North Yorkshire moors could also be protected by local societies, local people who love their own landscapes, I presume there are rangers for the National Parks on patrol, and maybe some 'strict' signage at the car parks or pull ins could address the problem of wanton ignorant behaviour......

"you will be hung, drawn and quartered should you so much as move one stone away from a B/A cairn"!

I checked the Ramblers Assocation blurb and it does not seem to address any damage to scheduled monuments, but perhaps ramblers are well trained as a group.

Hi Moss,

In my opinion, 'Strict' signage may do more harm than good (the overbearing 'Hand Of Authority impacting on my 'me' time... ) Not far from Bere Alston (across on the wrong side of the Tamar ;) is Kit Hill. It is recognised as a good vantage point for us locals - and a few visitors - and it has an information board in EVERY car park and layby.

http://tinyurl.com/7px9avz

There's no easy answer. Mind you, 2 + 2 = 4 ; so perhaps there is.

Peace

Pilgrim

X

Reply | with quote
Pilgrim
Posted by Pilgrim
9th January 2012ce
22:21

Messages in this topic: