The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   North Yorkshire Forum Start a topic | Search
North Yorkshire
Re: Park's Ancient monuments are in danger.....
14 messages
Select a forum:
Thank you Eds for sorting it out ;) What I did'nt say though was that the written word is all very good for stirring a rant but a more proactive result and a more positive note can often be seen elsewhere. Voluntary work restoring cairns and pathways are also happening - think Heather and Hillforts Project, the restoration of cairns on Dartmoor, Cornwall and on some of the Welsh hills, its not all bad news.
North Yorkshire moors could also be protected by local societies, local people who love their own landscapes, I presume there are rangers for the National Parks on patrol, and maybe some 'strict' signage at the car parks or pull ins could address the problem of wanton ignorant behaviour......
"you will be hung, drawn and quartered should you so much as move one stone away from a B/A cairn"!
I checked the Ramblers Assocation blurb and it does not seem to address any damage to scheduled monuments, but perhaps ramblers are well trained as a group.

Reply | with quote
moss
Posted by moss
8th January 2012ce
10:33

Messages in this topic: