The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Wiltshire Forum Start a topic | Search
Wiltshire
Re: Support needed for Wiltshire Heritage Museum
25 messages
Select a forum:
"I'm just railing at the idea that it should even get to a stage where people think having a jumble sale Or Whatever is an appropriate recourse. You know who would probably love it, it'd be his big society pulling together wouldn't it. Well sod that."

Yes, yes yes! (I agree).

It's also probably the fact that concerts and jumble sales won't suffice, it needs a real big chunk. So then you have to wonder where you get the chunk from, is any heritage expenditure more worthy, and the answer is probably no. I can think of two less worthy chunks of spending that could be diverted -

1. The £millions given to ....... for finding stuff. Give them a tenth of that and lock 'em up if they try to sell it themselves.

2, The bucketloads being spent on the Stonehenge VC, like you mentioned. See this http://heritageaction.wordpres[...]the-stonehenge-visitor-centre/
Worse, was it a slip of the tongue when the EH spokesman recently referred to the new Stonehenge VC as a "museum"? That would do the Devizes one a world of good wouldn't it?

Reply | with quote
nigelswift
Posted by nigelswift
5th January 2012ce
10:07

Messages in this topic: