The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Wiltshire Forum Start a topic | Search
Wiltshire
Re: Support needed for Wiltshire Heritage Museum
25 messages
Select a forum:
drewbhoy wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
It's very sad than when public interest in prehistory is probably greater than it's ever been (if the raft of TV series that have been on over the last couple of years is any indication), that such a valuable collection is having to fight to survive. I hate to say it, but the problem may be partly due to the fact that it's based in a relatively small town, rather than being in London.

Publicity is clearly needed, but you have to get people to go to Devizes in the first place - perhaps they could link up more with other local attractions?

If every place in the present UK joined up and stood together as one they'd have to listen then. Or would they?

I don't know, I've become very cynical. I'm not sure anyone is listening. We have a government led by a party that less than half of the electorate voted for, spreading disinformation about the need to cut the public sector (and by extension central funding of museums, galleries, public transport, etc) while protecting the establishment and the financial sector at all costs. There's plenty of Daily Mail readers who think Cameron and Co are Doing The Right Thing.

Reply | with quote
thesweetcheat
Posted by thesweetcheat
4th January 2012ce
21:29

Messages in this topic: