The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Slaggyford Stones Forum Start a topic | Search
Slaggyford Stones
Re: Slaggyford Stones .
170 messages
Select a forum:
nigelswift wrote:
Jim simply pointed out the intention kept changing, he wasn’t suggesting each stage lacked intention or planning. The place is a civil engineering project, that’s the point I was trying to make – and that “theory” is based on evidence of the way it was put together. Evidence, see?

What is this “reasonable case” for it being a womb/uterus? What evidence is it based on? I’ve never actually seen any. Have you? If we have to give due respect to assertions purely on the basis lots of people on the internet repeat them without the least reason then we have to respect the idea the world will end in 2012. But it won't. That's utter cobblers isn't it? Or aren't I allowed to say that?

You can say what you like Nigel no-ones trying to prevent you but don't knock other peoples beliefs or get smart and make stupid comments like 'Evidence see?'. One can put points over without becoming cynical. Evidence often comes in the form of how you view something but could mean nothing to anyone else.
If you view Silbury as a 'stand alone' object then your view of it becomes different to someone who sees it as an integral part of a much larger complex over the landscape and gives it purpose. 'Cobblers' to some, a breakthrough to others. I respect all views.
Jim takes the view that the original concept of the hill did not have a construction blueprint to take it though to completion 100 + into the future prior to work starting but that doesn't mean there was no bluprint in mind as to how high it would reach or what its intention was. That of course is unprovable but obviously as it progressed each stage would have been carefully thought out and have a 'blueprint' of its own. See it as the building of a block of flats with each storey being built by a different gang but decided beforehand exactly how many stories there would be in total to reach a certain height. Before each gang begins work they get together and discuss how they will go about it and is it to be any different to the lower stories. A individual construction 'blueprint' is decided upon for that storey and they get on with it, but all the while with the initial blueprint in mind. That's how I see it but like everyone else with no proof.
Right I've had my say and know when to stop...no last man standing here! :-)

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
11th September 2011ce
08:10

In reply to:

Re: Slaggyford Stones . (nigelswift)

3 replies:

Re: Slaggyford Stones . (StoneGloves)
Re: Slaggyford Stones . (nigelswift)
Re: Slaggyford Stones . (thesweetcheat)

Messages in this topic: