The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Slaggyford Stones Forum Start a topic | Search
170 messages
Select a forum:
"What am I a part of ?" A little local conspiracy.

I'll not answer your question because it is ungrammatical and mispelt and, what is known in Perry Mason terms, as 'leading'.

You've cheered me up now. The story has just taken a little twist. So when I phoned up the coordinator of the rock art survey, who was employed by the county council, about the first ten stones in the Knar valley, that I'd drawn on a map and sent to her, and she said 'they only found one and it was their opinion that they were natural cupmarks', she was being less than truthful? And that they'd actually found two stones off my plan, marked the first one down as 'natural cupmarks' and the second one down as 'portable rock art (new find)'. I still have the original sketch for the little maps, luckily.

Well, I never! The surveyors couldn't see the standing stones, from that gateway, as they are hidden in a dip higher up the hill. (Not far up the hill - fifty metres perhaps). So they were really close to the cluster of stones, but never actually got there, choosing instead to record a grotty eroded stone and then to disappear. And you're supporting that ?

Reply | with quote
StoneGloves
Posted by StoneGloves
10th September 2011ce
14:35

In reply to:

Re: (tiompan)

2 replies:

Re: (StoneGloves)
Re: (tiompan)

Messages in this topic: