The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Slaggyford Stones Forum Start a topic | Search
Slaggyford Stones
Re: Replay x436
170 messages
Select a forum:
Well, you've been keeping that one quiet. I'd forgotten about it and it was shown on the poorly drawn sketch map that the surveyors carried, or should have carried. They were close to the standing stones there - 60m. - but must have run out of time, which is a shame. That's like buying a ticket for a concert, getting to the check-in and then turning round and going home.

So one of my stones was recorded as Rock Art, after all. Why didn't you tell me this before?

I notice that you also don't comment on my observation that the stones at Tarnhouse Rigg and Tortie weren't recorded. So do you still think that it was an exhaustive and well conducted survey in SW Northumberland?

I also have noticed the commentary on one of the stones in Slaggyford, that was made by Mr Beckensall. His conclusions on the stone's original design seem, at best, fanciful and, at worst, totally misleading. Does nobody rein him in or is he just allowed to invent this stuff? I think we should be told ...

Reply | with quote
StoneGloves
Posted by StoneGloves
10th September 2011ce
12:50

In reply to:

Re: Replay x436 (tiompan)

1 reply:

Re: Replay x436 (tiompan)

Messages in this topic: