The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Slaggyford Stones Forum Start a topic | Search
Slaggyford Stones
Re: Slaggyford Stones .
170 messages
Select a forum:
StoneGloves wrote:
"Compare the quality of information in the ERA report , something described by you as a fiasco ,with your judgement based on no knowledge or experience of the subject and some pics just clear enough to show the markings are natural ."

I'm sorry, love, but you're just going to have to stew. 'A little knowledge is a dangerous thing'. When you demean and insult drystone wallers you show that you are empty of humour and kindness. I suggest you get out of your armchair and visit this valley. Not to the demented carved stones, but to the copper mine or the roundhouses that have been split by the latest road. Then your criticism will have a genuine basis rather than being a bullying personal attack.

There are several stones with simple cupmarks, at the Knar, and it is an utter fiasco that these weren't surveyed in any way, shape or form. Nothing will change that!

Last year a dry stone waller working near Carnwath discovered a genuine marked rock in a dyke in he was working on . He made no claim that his job gave him an understanding of rock art any more than a typist had a greater understanding of etmyology because of theirs . Where do I demean and insult drystonewallers ? Because of you ignorance of the subject and rudeness about surveyors who have forgotten more than you will ever know doesn’t mean anyone associates these failings with those who happen to do the same job . I have pointed out where you are wrong , as others have done in the past , that is not bullying whereas your name calling , with no justification , of people who are not here to read it could be construed as such .
As for getting out of armchairs , maybe you should do that and actually go and see some real rock art in the field and after a couple of years you might manage to recognise some . There may well be lots of genuine rock art in the area but you have not shown any pics of it .

Reply | with quote
tiompan
Posted by tiompan
10th September 2011ce
09:06

In reply to:

Re: Slaggyford Stones . (StoneGloves)

2 replies:

Replay x436 (StoneGloves)
Re: Slaggyford Stones . (Howburn Digger)

Messages in this topic: