The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Slaggyford Stones Forum Start a topic | Search
Slaggyford Stones
Re: Slaggyford Stones .
170 messages
Select a forum:
StoneGloves wrote:
I'm afraid we'll have to disagree. If you look at the colour photograph, on the 'Knaresdale 1' page, you'll see many walls. They're the ones that I used to rebuild and repair. The house, down in the valley, is where I used to live. It's just called the Knar.

It's a pity the surveyors didn't look further, as the two standing stones are just a little way further on. The smaller one has what could be called a pair of conventional cupmarks. But then maybe they would just think they were glacial erratics that landed the right way up.

It's not only me you are disagreeing with . You are the only one who sees these markings as being man made .
Compare the quality of information in the ERA report , something described by you as a fiasco ,with your judgement based on no knowledge or experience of the subject and some pics just clear enough to show the markings are natural .

Reply | with quote
tiompan
Posted by tiompan
9th September 2011ce
19:58

In reply to:

Re: Slaggyford Stones . (StoneGloves)

1 reply:

Re: Slaggyford Stones . (StoneGloves)

Messages in this topic: