The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Trethevy Quoit Forum Start a topic | Search
Trethevy Quoit
Re: A clean slate? (or should that be granite?)
156 messages
Select a forum:
nigelswift wrote:
stonefree wrote:
Our plan was to share some of our findings in a forum of like-minded people.....................So, gentlemen, what say we start again with a clean slate?

When I said that would be a great idea I also suggested you list your hypotheses alongside your supporting reasons. It's a shame that hasn't yet been done as this thread is hard to follow and what is being said seems to keep evolving.

Take this capstone hole. We have heard you can observe the sun through it and see the corona and "boiling". We've also heard you can use it to observe the sun and both deduce and measure the earth's wobble. That's quite a hole!

First, is it being suggested it was deliberately constructed to do all of those things, or some of them - or none of them?

And second, regarding the claim you can observe the corona and boiling through it. Can we have more on that please because I have to confess that seems to be impossible to me, which doesn't fill me with enthusiasm about anything else that's being suggested.

Please be patient Nigel. I know we've piqued the interest of quite a few of you, but this investigation into the Quoit is a huge undertaking Dave and I have committed to (with several others also involved), and this forum alone is taking a lot of time and energy just to respond to people's questions. We're perfectly willing to share our findings, but I hope you'll all soon ease off a bit. We've both been accused of arrogance so far, but it's really just that we're exuding passion, enthusiasm and a growing confidence in what we're discovering.

We don't yet know which of these effects were intended, or whether they all were, but there are far too many for serendipity or mere coincidence. What we are seeing is effectively the 'mind' in the thing - the undeniable intentionality and skills of the builders. The only thing we are uncertain of is the extent of this, but witless savages they ain't!

I'm sure Dave will want to blow your mind with further information about the visibility of the corona etc.

It certainly IS quite a hole - neither Dave nor myself can remember ever having seen another one quite like it - have you? ;)

Reply | with quote
stonefree
Posted by stonefree
6th May 2011ce
04:03

Messages in this topic: