The existing Sunday service for the 49 bus which runs between Swindon and Devizes via Avebury is by no means brilliant - every two hours (with a three hour gap in the middle) ceasing at around 5.00pm so can't be that expensive to run. I've used it myself often and I can assure everyone it is never empty, people pick it up in Devizes and Swindon getting on and off in between. It is also a double decker so a superb way to see the Wiltshire landscape.
Funny you should mention that June but I was thinking the same but in an open top DD in the sunshine. Yeh okay dream on!!
Roy, I think I've said everything I want to say about this topic but your comment reminded me of my lovely week in West Cornwall in April last year. It was a Sunday when we walked from Paul/Mousehole to the Merry Maidens - we passed a bus stop in Lamorna and noticed there was a bus going back at about 5.00pm. We made back just in time (only to discover later in the week it stopped right outside the Merry Maidens circle) the icing on the cake was that it was an open top double decker. We had an exhilerating ride back to Newlyn and Penzance - with fantastic views. A sports car could not have given more pleasure.
Reply | with quote
|Posted by tjj|
29th April 2011ce
Sunday bus service to Avebury cut (tjj, Apr 22, 2011, 21:03)
- Re: Calling Heritage Action ! (tjj, Apr 22, 2011, 22:09)
- Re: Sunday bus service to Avebury cut (tjj, Apr 23, 2011, 07:28)
- Re: Sunday bus service to Avebury cut (supercat, Apr 23, 2011, 09:27)
- Re: Wilts & Dorset X5 Service (tjj, Apr 24, 2011, 11:04)
- Re: Sunday bus service to Avebury cut (thesweetcheat, Apr 24, 2011, 13:35)
- Re: Sunday bus service to Avebury cut (tjj, Apr 28, 2011, 16:54)
- Making complaints (head-first, Apr 29, 2011, 23:34)
- Re: Sunday bus service to Avebury cut (tjj, May 05, 2011, 17:27)