The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: Sunday bus service to Avebury cut
41 messages
Select a forum:
Sanctuary wrote:
tjj wrote:

The existing Sunday service for the 49 bus which runs between Swindon and Devizes via Avebury is by no means brilliant - every two hours (with a three hour gap in the middle) ceasing at around 5.00pm so can't be that expensive to run. I've used it myself often and I can assure everyone it is never empty, people pick it up in Devizes and Swindon getting on and off in between. It is also a double decker so a superb way to see the Wiltshire landscape.

Funny you should mention that June but I was thinking the same but in an open top DD in the sunshine. Yeh okay dream on!!

Roy, I think I've said everything I want to say about this topic but your comment reminded me of my lovely week in West Cornwall in April last year. It was a Sunday when we walked from Paul/Mousehole to the Merry Maidens - we passed a bus stop in Lamorna and noticed there was a bus going back at about 5.00pm. We made back just in time (only to discover later in the week it stopped right outside the Merry Maidens circle) the icing on the cake was that it was an open top double decker. We had an exhilerating ride back to Newlyn and Penzance - with fantastic views. A sports car could not have given more pleasure.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
29th April 2011ce
22:17

Messages in this topic: