The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Trethevy Quoit Forum Start a topic | Search
Trethevy Quoit
Re: Who's going to be there this weekend?
159 messages
Select a forum:
Shame to have missed you on site this weekend, maybe we could meet there another time. I'm a bit confused as to what you say but reading it through I think I know what you mean, and this is fascinating. Mr. H says we should all settle down a bit and I agree. To have the Quoit surveyed properly seems to me essential.
I have done no measurements of the stones themselves.
The thing is assymmetrical and I am no surveyor. A bit like trying to measure a sculpture. This forum, to my mind, is, or should be progressive, and no place for personal considerations; so I have been surprised by some of the responses so far as well as being delighted by others. I have been called deluded, mistaken, and a pyramidiot and I suppose this was to be expected, but I would remind correspondents who wish to continue such a pointless exercise that I care nothing for praise.

David Kane.

Reply | with quote
Horsedrawn
Posted by Horsedrawn
26th April 2011ce
12:31

Messages in this topic: