The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Wind farms in Scotland
80 messages
Select a forum:
You are so right!

And yet, the people of Japan and their economy have not gone down the drain while they have been functioning with (right now this month) only 3-4 nuclear stations, correct me if I'm wrong, out of a total of 50 something. All of them are expected to be switched off in the next couple of months and the country will not come to a halt.

Even though it's only for maintenance, tests, etc and they will eventually be turned back on, (dear pro-nuclear sceptics out there in the world), it is possible to do without 15% of your energy, and all thanks to social discipline.

Last summer in Japan wasn't too bad after all. It's just that salarymen had to take off their jackets as the air con was not at 15-18 celsius.

I even heard on NHK last summer that switching off all of the can/drinks machines in Japan's streets would save another 5-6%. Of course, they didn't do it in the end.

Energy efficiency is just plain common sense.
And we haven't even started.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Annexus Quam
24th November 2011ce
23:40

In reply to:

Re: Wind farms in Scotland (Littlestone)

1 reply:

Japan Nuclear (Annexus Quam)

Messages in this topic: