The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Wind farms in Scotland
80 messages
Select a forum:
Resonox wrote:
...So it would make a sort of sense to "wire up " to existing pylons...which negates an earlier post as we now have both of these structures striding the land like an invasion of skeletal behemoths.

That's quite poetic Resonox, I'm impressed. Were you referring to this bit posted by me ..

I'm the last to want to see beautiful wild places despoiled by wind turbines or solar panels for that matter but they are a fact of life, in my view less damaging than electricity pylons marching across the landscape.

I was talking about aesthetics rather than the technicalities of getting the power produced into the National Grid. That aside, with what is happening in Japan at present, the argument against nuclear energy is ever stronger; wind farms, hydro-electric schemes, solar panels, tide/wave schemes are the only viable alternative for the production of energy in the future. I guess we are going to have to work with Nature rather than against it.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
13th March 2011ce
10:54

In reply to:

Re: Wind farms in Scotland (Resonox)

Messages in this topic: