The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Wind farms in Scotland
80 messages
Select a forum:
tiompan wrote:
Resonox wrote:
I suppose certain things might be disregarded ...because of seeming insignificance....if the surveyors are looking for largish stones or constructs.

In the case of rock art they just don't notice it unless it is obvious and if it is under turf then they shouldn't be expeceted to deal with that .

The thing is, most stones seem like nothing to most people. My family (for example) can appreciate photos of Stonehenge or Avebury, but when I show them Mitchells Fold or Doll Tor they think I'm a bit mad, "Some tiny stones? I've got some of them in the garden if you wanna take some photos!"

Rock art is just as hard. We have all spent at least one day on a hillside with a map wondering round in circles saying "where the bloody hell is it?!" so even the more experienced of us know that its hard to account for everything!

Besides, I like wind farms. I think they look amazing and are necessary.

Reply | with quote
faerygirl
Posted by faerygirl
12th March 2011ce
21:10

In reply to:

Re: Wind farms in Scotland (tiompan)

Messages in this topic: