The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: A History of Ancient Britain
154 messages
Select a forum:
Littlestone wrote:
Yes but did he teach you to tickle the ivory's...

Nah... but to quote from wiki... “...he briefly played drums in a band founded by Rick Davies (later creating the band Supertramp)...” They had a room close to the art school where they used to practice (when they should have been at school ;-)

At the risk of reminiscing too much, another fellow student was Ken White. Ken’s a brilliant artist and still painting. If you think you’ve never seen any of his work I bet you have but don’t know it - he did the flying lady logo on the nose of Virgin Airlines. He’s probably best known internationally for that but Ken continues to paint ‘proper’ paintings as well.

Will try and get Ken along to the Megameet this year. Might give Gilbert a call and see if he’s up for it as well ;-)

I agree with you about Ken White, he is a brilliant artist - someone Swindon should be very proud of
http://www.kenwhitemurals.co.uk/paintings.html

I'm sure Gilbert is a very nice bloke too - just ask him not to sing.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
25th February 2011ce
19:11

In reply to:

Re: A History of Ancient Britain (Littlestone)

Messages in this topic: