The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Some pics of the filming at Knowth
154 messages
Select a forum:
CianMcLiam wrote:
As far as I know the pig was ordered from a local butcher close to filming, it would have been sold on the counter if it hadn't been burned.

The forensic anthropologist featured in the series was there and she was very interested in how the experiment went, how the temperature of a large pyre of local wood over a long period would match with the remains recently analysed from within Knowth.

The Knowth sequence was the highlight of the programme for me, as much as I love Brodgar - it literally made my hair stand on end when they were inside the tomb, the closest I'll get to seeing the fabulous spiral carvings.

Your photos are in a class of their own Cian, as always (though I admit the pig cremation was the one bit of the otherwise excellent programme that didn't sit easily with me). Thanks for posting the link to your amazing photos.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
24th February 2011ce
22:32

Messages in this topic: