The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Denmark Forum Start a topic | Search
Denmark
Re: Bornholm?
19 messages
Select a forum:
faerygirl wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Jane wrote:
! The practice of building churches on top of or next to monuments is common throughout Europe- I can think of examples in Portugal, Scotland, Spain, France ... and even closer to home in Oxfordshire.

The problem is that finders of grids ,energy lines , leys etc extrapolate that practice to the extent that any church is fair game .

Thats what I think. If youre looking for a pattern then you will find it! Suddenly everything seems to fit into your idea. A good example is if you buy a new car, you suddenly see that same car everywhere! Not because everyone went out and got one, but because yore suddenly noticing it more.

I thought Denmark had lots of ancient things so I was just wondering if there was anything special about this island. But if its just the one they chose at random then I wont start booking tickets :)

Don't let them put you off.An archaeo friend spent two weeks there and loved it . I also forgot to mention a huge palisaded enclosure on the island too . Denmark is packed with monuments ,lots of pig shit too though .

Reply | with quote
tiompan
Posted by tiompan
1st February 2011ce
16:22

In reply to:

Re: Bornholm? (faerygirl)

Messages in this topic: