The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Trethevy Quoit Forum Start a topic | Search
Trethevy Quoit
Re: Trevethy Quoit
107 messages
Select a forum:
The quoit sits on the top (almost) of its little island of a hill and it is possible to skyline it from almost anywhere on the 200m contour to the west where it will eclipse the rising sun. The way the quoit gobbles up the risen sun and spits it out into the sky remains one of the lesser known spectacles of optical dynamics at ancient sites. I was surprised to find Foggy and Compo because they were where I might expect them to be. As you say, a salutory lesson, and for the very reasons you mention. As to the great Professor Thom, I have always been an avid student of his work but I have to say that I remain a student also of the great Professor North. Thom is never forgotten, but it is the North paradigm that has formed the basis of all my work to date. However all this pales now into insignificance in the face of the 'Trethevy Paradigm' that this astounding structure forces onto the consciousness.
I note we are neighbours.
I'll gladly meet you up there anytime mate.

Reply | with quote
Horsedrawn
Posted by Horsedrawn
21st April 2011ce
19:11

In reply to:

Re: Trevethy Quoit (Sanctuary)

Messages in this topic: