The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Trethevy Quoit Forum Start a topic | Search
Trethevy Quoit
Re: Trevethy Quoit
107 messages
Select a forum:
quote - "What has been suggested, to repeat the findings elsewhere and importantly use a control, was seen as a joke or you couldn't be bothered ."

I'm sorry if we haven't replied to any of the dozens of posts we seem to have inspired. Things get missed occasionally, but sometimes we take our time to consider carefully what has been suggested before replying.

Repeating our findings elsewhere is not something we consider relevant or plausible at this time. We are investigating what we have discovered at Trethevy Quoit in particular, not a general technique that we wish to apply to other structures (although that may well happen in due course)
As a matter of fact, some of the techniques we first started applying at Trethevy are those of Prof. John North and *have* already been proven.

I fully expect any and all assumptions to be challenged, whether they are mine or those postulated by others.

To ASSUME is to risk making an 'ASS' out of 'U' and 'ME'

It's also very important not to take things too personally :)

Reply | with quote
stonefree
Posted by stonefree
20th April 2011ce
19:48

In reply to:

Re: Trevethy Quoit (tiompan)

1 reply:

Re: Trevethy Quoit (tiompan)

Messages in this topic: