The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Cumbria Forum Start a topic | Search
Cumbria
Clare Fell Bursaries
4 messages
Select a forum:
This is taken from the latest news page of the Cumberland and Westmorland Antiquarian and Archaeological Society, and I put it here for anyone who may be interested, or qualified, to take advantage. I have copied it in full. For those who don't know, Clare Fell was an archaeologist, famous for her dedicated work on the prehistory of Cumberland and Westmorland, and a chunk of north Lancashire, which have all, since the mid 70s, become Cumbria.

"Members in Cumbria might have read my letter (on the subject of the CWAAS Clare Fell Memorial Bursaries) which the Cumberland & Westmorland Herald was kind enough to print in May. Just around the same time, I had sent a letter on the same subject to the Editor of Current Archaeology. That CA letter was written in response to a point (made in an article on archaeology in the Duddon Valley) in the CA May issue; and that letter, too, was printed. (July 2010, Issue 244).

As the CWAAS Communications Officer, I have also sent a circular to many universities, promoting the Bursaries. If you should happen to know a young person not yet aged 25, who is not necessarily living in Cumbria, is interested in archaeology, and might be keen to set up or extend an archaeology project relating to Cumbria, or is Cumbrian and hoping to extend his/her archaeological experience in Cumbria or elsewhere, please do draw attention to these bursaries. Finances are not easily come by these days, and you could be doing someone a real good turn. The terms of the bursaries, along with the illustrated reports of two previous holders, can be read on the GRANTS AND BURSARIES page of this website.

M.E.
http://cumbriapast.com/cgi-bin[...]ion=news&sub_action=&rec_id=66

I hope someone reading this is, or knows of, someone who can benefit from it.

all the best,
TE.

Reply | with quote
The Eternal
Posted by The Eternal
22nd July 2010ce
23:51

Messages in this topic: