The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Rock art. so what's that all about then. ?
118 messages
Select a forum:
I THINK ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS, IS ABOUT FINDING GOOD CLEAN WATER(the main groupings seem to be where there's a lot of dangerous metal in the water,lllkley and kilmartin been two, drink that stuff and you'll die quite quickly) ,they also seem to be following it underground ,so a line going into some rings could be where the water comes out of the ground(its clean in these places)!!!a cup with rings could be spring water(moving water) and a cup or a cup with a ring could be still water, I noticed this at the tree of life stone ,the cups matched perfectly with the local springs, and from that spot you have the view of it all, it and the simplicity of it still blows my head now, and the great thing its very easy to check, either on foot(i could use the tree of life stone, practically) or inside using 1;25000 os maps, go see what you think, but bare in mind that us humans have diverted a lot of water over the years so it will only work in the most natural places, but remember its clean water that keeps us alive and the knowledge of where it is i think WOULD have been shared information.

Reply | with quote
bladup
Posted by bladup
20th July 2010ce
17:33

Messages in this topic: