The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: sounds unlikely
68 messages
Select a forum:
Sanctuary wrote:
There is the "thinking neolithic " to contend with as well . I think that means apply a bit of cosmology that we know is applicable to nearly the same period .i.e. Egyptian .

COSMOLOGY
1. The study of the physical universe considered as a totality of phenomena in time and space.
a. The astrophysical study of the history, structure, and constituent dynamics of the universe.
b. A specific theory or model of this structure and these dynamics.

It's all yours tiompan, I have a problem just deciding what club to use on the golf course!!! LOLOLOLOL[/quote]

I mentioned it due to the author's other part of the story i.e. "leading the souls to the afterlife ".Which is the reason given for the landscape figure .
I , and anybody who else for that matter , could suggest some possible approaches to what may have been the cosmology found in Britain in the Neolithic but it would be a guess , not really helpful , arrogant and more than likely wrong although it would be dificult to prove wrong as we can't ,like the author , possibly know .Apart from obvious animistic type stuff which pervades most pre modern cosmologies , unless there is a written record anything more than generalities are guesses .

Reply | with quote
tiompan
Posted by tiompan
21st April 2010ce
08:33

In reply to:

Re: sounds unlikely (Sanctuary)

1 reply:

Re: sounds unlikely (Sanctuary)

Messages in this topic: